Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Saturday, November 15, 2014

Anemone

Good morning.  Everyone!  These images are from a 1885 Vick's Fall Catalog.





Unfortunately, I have noticed on the internet that people are starting to post my images on stock images sites and oddly tattoo image sites.  The strange thing is they post it as their own but do not bother to change the name.  They use the name from my post such as Digital Two for Tuesday Flower Pattern.  No link back to my blog or sources information.  

Some of my long time followers know this happens to me from time to time and how disillusioned I get.  Though these images are not my drawings, they are from books I own or have owned.  I scan and repair the images.  Some of the images are very damaged and I spend hours repairing.  It is a labor of love because I know how much you appreciate having this site as a source.  I appreciate you using my images in exchange all I ask is while posting please direct people back to this site.  Please do not post more than a fingernail image on your site or blog.   This includes Pinterest.  Make sure if you use my image to link back to this site so people can get the large size image directly from me.  

Ok.  This is the end of my rant.  I appreciate all my loyal followers and love to see projects done with my images.  Please post in the comments when you use an image so we can all enjoy your work. 

8 comments:

  1. As always, the images you share are lovely. I'm so sorry you have to deal with unethical people. Stay strong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite is the tattoo site. Someday I will come across someone with a huge tattoo of one of my images across their arms.

      Delete
  2. I can fully understand your rant :-) - it is so sad that this happens.
    Love these images and thanks again for all your work.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry this happens. I enjoy your images and appreciate you doing them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear that people are misusing your images! And I agree, a tattoo site is kind of an odd one to see your images posted! Thank you for all the work you put into cleaning up these vintage images - they are always among my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear this, Cora. I appreciate no end how much time and effort you put into the images you share. You are a blessing to all of us who love to color them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cora, I am sorry to hear about this, but thank you so much for all the work you do and for sharing these amazing images. I've seen some beautiful cards by Leslie and Stacy using your images. I hope to use some in the future and would certainly link back to your set. Thanks and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.