Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Thursday, January 2, 2014

Celebration Day 2

It is day 2 of my 200th Digital Two for Tuesday post and I am showcasing another talented designer.  Edwina has been a fan of my site for many years and she often shares her work with me.  I was so excited when she agreed to be a guest designer for the celebration so you could all see how she takes these vintage images and makes the most beautiful cards.  You can see more of her work on her blog at http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/.

Here is a bio and description of Edwina's cards in her own words.  

"I love crafting. I have been doing some kind since I was a child. My favorite gift was when I was 8 or 9 years old. It was a craft set with about 7 items to make. Mom got it with Top Value Stamps. I started scrapbooking pages in 2003. Then I got into cards I finally tried digis, Fall 2011. I was hocked. I love vintage and cute images. When I learned to use Copics I applied my painting skills to it. I found it was like painting in a lot of ways. I do watercolors and oil paintings. I have a love of nature and antique buildings. It shows up in a lot of what I do. I love children too. I like using children images on cards, especially if they are vintage or have an animal with them. Butterflies and flowers show up a lot in my art.
I was born in Kentucky. I now live in New Jersey. I have 3 brothers, 3 nieces, 2 nephews. I love all of them and they get my homemade cards a lot. I have a cat named Mittens. 

Card using the sewing digis:


On this card I used 3 different digis. You can find them here. The thimbles are 1/2' high and placed right next to each other to form a border. I fussy cut out the sewing basket and overlapped it on the edge of the lady sewing. I colored the digis using Copics.  The background paper is embossed with Cuttlebug embossing folder Swiss Dots. The papers are by Bazzill- blues, Georgia pacific- white.  The card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

Card using the Tuberose digi:

I used the Tuberrose digi on this card. I colored it with Copics then outlined it with a fine point glue pen and added iridescent glitter to flowers. I did not add glitter to the stem. I then fussy cut out the digi and glued it to a die cut I had threaded ribbon through the design. Then pop dotted the design to the card base.  The ribbon is by the Morex Corp. The pin with the bow I made using Bead Landings beads and pins.  The die cut is made using Spellbinders Lacy Ovals die.  The card is 5" x 6 1/2".

Card using Ice skating digi:


I printed this digi at 5" I then colored it with Copics. Then using a fine tip glue pen I outlined the ice and shadows on the ice. Then sprinkled extra fine iridescent glitter onto it. Once dry I used a die and cut the 2 ends.  The die is a Spellbinders die called Labels Eight.  The snowflake border was done using a Martha Steward border punch.  The Silver snowflakes are by Recollections- large snowflake, Jolee's boutique- small snowflakes. The gems on the border are by Studio g.  The card is 5" x 6 1/2"."

8 comments:

  1. Wow - stunning cards here Edwina - I am constantly amazed what can be done with digis, and these are fabulous.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous cards full of pretty details. I love your style Edwina.
    You did a great job.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cards you've made Edwina !
    gr.
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great coloring, love how the sewing box goes off the image and the pretty framing of the flowers in the second card, great wintery scene on the 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were very busy, Edwina, and did some wonderfully creative work with these digis! I love how you combined the sewing images. The thimble border is a great idea. Such pretty flowers, too. You've made them appear so dimensional. I also love how you threaded the ribbon through the die cut. And, oh, your ice skating card couldn't be prettier with all the pink and snowflakes. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies for your comments. I am honored to use Cora's images. She has the best vintage images I have seen. I love working with them. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 gorgeous cards Edwina!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.