Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Digital Two for Tuesday 143


Today our guest designer is Leslie.  I found Leslie's blog a few months ago  and it is filled with stories and beautiful projects.  Her work is truly inspirational.  I love this birthday card she has created with this week's images.  Her technique is monochromatic.

Here is a description of Leslie's card in her own words. " I printed the image on Flourishes' Classic Ivory cardstock and colored with Copic markers in shades of gray.  Pale gray ink was sponged around the edges of the image panel.  I'd hoped to make this card completely monochromatic, and I did accomplish that with the coloring, but then I mixed in some tan with the designer paper, and couldn't help but add that little pop of color with the red string on the button.  Almost monochromatic.  The button, by the way, is nearly as vintage as the image.  A Cuttlebug embossed border adds a bit of trim across the front.  The black cardstock (from CTMH) has a white core which peeks through when the cardstock is sanded, as I did around the card edges and over the embossed trim."
Leslie's Bio:  "Card making is my favorite indoor pastime and I only wish I had more hours in a day to spend on it.  I'll admit that once I dipped my toe into the digital stamping water I followed with a headlong plunge and went a little nuts.  Oh, my, so many images to choose from!  Imagine all the clicking and saving when I happened upon Digital Two for Tuesday.  So... when Cora contacted me about this guest spot, well, she didn't have to ask twice.  I love what she does here!
I enjoy life on the southern Oregon coast with my husband, Rich, and two Golden Retrievers, Wally and LuLu.  In fact, my blog centers around the Goldens and the goings on in the garden -- my other passion.  There was a time I was all about design team work -- primarily for my favorite stamp company, Flourishes -- but I've settled into a more relaxed pace and now I wonder how I ever kept up.  I also spend four days a week intensely focused on my job in a medical lab.  I do most of my coloring on coffee breaks, and put the cards together when I've got time and creative energy at home.  Winter is coming and I'll be happily shifting my spare time attention to the stamp room.  I'm sure Cora will have some fabulous new/old Christmas images for us.  Thank you, Cora, and thank you all for visiting."

You can see more of Leslie's wonderful artwork on her blog Goldens and Garden.  After you surf around get out your supplies and take the challenge and create a project with these images.

both images are from John Martin's Child Magazine 1929

9 comments:

  1. I love Leslie's card, but then again, I love all her work, being a follower of her blog. I also love all your images and have collected quite a few. I'm also actually working on a card that is using one of your images. Great job. Thanks for doing this for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Nice images! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card. Thanks for switching days with me!!!!

    SusieQue

    http://susieque1963.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the beautiful and sweet images! They are Wonderful!!!
    Leslie, I love your card; it is gorgeous! I can tell you put a lot of love and work into it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these images. Thank you Cora. Very pretty card. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the wonderful images - I am about to head over to Leslie's blog.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie's cards are always special. I found her, too...many years ago when she posted a little paper basket tutorial.

    The images are wonderful. Thanks for all you share with us, Cora.

    With a Virtual Hug,
    Bev creationsofmykind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great images... and Leslie did a fantastic job making her card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.