Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Digital Two for Tuesday 142


I have an exciting announcement.   For the next two months we will be having guest designers for Digital Two for Tuesday.   Eleven designers have signed up to host.  Each of them has a unique style and we are hoping their work will inspire you to take a one of the images and create something special.   Also each one will focus on a technique.  Today we are so lucky to have three cards from a talented artist Edwina using this week's images.  Her technique is using mist paints.  You may recognize Edwina's style from previous guest appearances.  You can find more of Edwina's innovative artwork work on here blog Edwina's Creations.

The following is a description of Edwina's cards in her own words.

 Lavender card-


This card is colored using copics on the image. The background paper is spritzed with Tattered Angles delphinium blue glimmer mist. The green background for the girl is spritzed with Kiwi. Once the card is put together I spritzed the whole card with with Iridescent gold. The card is 4 ¼” x 6”. The sentiment I wrote myself and printed off on the computer.

The sentiments are my own creation on all the cards. I did not copy someone else’s work.


The pink/green/violet card-
These papers are by DCWV for the background. The Speckled paper around the image is Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist  cranberry Zing. The green behind the girl is Kiwi. The purple and pink dots are Paper Candi by craft works. They are pop dotted up. The whole card was spritzed with Tattered Angles iridescent Gold glimmer Mist. This card is 4 ¼” x 5 ½”.

The ball player card-
This card I used something new to me. Cork Paper. It is a thin layer of cork. I found it at Michaels. It is by Recollections. I spritzed it with tattered Angles Cork Glimmer Mist. When dry I spritzed it again. It takes a while to dry. I also spritzed a piece of kraft paper with the same color. I layered the cork on the kraft paper.  Then I put it on the shimmer paper which has a leather look to it. The button on the card is by dress it Up called Batters Up.  This card is 4 ¼” x 5 ½”.

Here is Edwina's Bio:  I love crafting. I have been doing some kind since I was a child. My favorite gift was when I was 8 or 9 years old. It was a craft set with about 7 items to make. Mom got it with Top Value Stamps. I started scrapbooking pages in 2003. Then I got into cards I finally tried digis, Fall 2011. I was hocked. I love vintage and cute images. When I learned to use Copics I applied my painting skills to it. I found it was like painting in a lot of ways. I do watercolors and oil paintings. I have a love of nature and antique buildings. It shows up in a lot of what I do. I love children too. I like using children images on cards, especially if they are vintage or have an animal with them. Butterflies and flowers show up a lot in my art.


I was born in Kentucky. I now live in New Jersey. I have 3 brothers, 3 nieces, 2 nephews. I love all of them and they get my homemade cards a lot. I have a cat named Mittens. She loves yogurt and vanilla pudding. My favorite seasons are Fall and Spring. My favorite colors are pinks, yellows, sage green and turquoise.

buddy magazine 1928

St Nick Magazine

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. Really great coloring. But...the text color of her bio needs to be white - I cannot read it in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards - but like Susie I cannot read the blue on the brown b/g.
    Thanks for the images Cora.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fixed it. Funny, I am not sure why it went blue except for I cut and pasted the bio from an email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards and images--thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edwina's cards with the sprizted backgrounds are lovely, and the images are great. Thank you for always sharing these fabulous images which I just love to color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of the images, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cora, I always love the images you post. I think I was born in the wrong era. Your cards are beautiful, as well. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for having me as a guest designer. I enjoyed making my cards. Thanks ladies for your comments. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muchs gracias, preciosas las tarjetas con tu imagen, enhorabuena a las artistas.
    Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! I love seeing cards made with your images--great inspiration! These cards are lovely. I especially like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really neat digis and cards, thanks..

    Silverbutterfly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! Love the cards you shared! Also love the digis, especially the ball player. It's not always easy to find a great pic for a boy's card or scrapbook page! Thank you for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great images, and such beautiful cards! Thank you both for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats, Edwina, on being Cora's guest designer! Your cards are very pretty and you inspired me to buy some Glimmer Mists today to try! Fun to read your bio and find another "kindred spirit"!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great images and pretty cards from Edwina! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.